Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Looking Back 18 Months

About 18 months ago I went out for a tempo run on the marsh trail near work. After the 1.25 mile warm-up jog a did 2.5 miles at just above 8-minute per mile pace for a 20-minute tempo run. I probably averaged around 8:02 per mile or something and it was most definitely too fast for a tempo run -- I was gassed at the end and had to walk and then sit down for a bit before jogging back to the gym.

Today I went out for a run on the marsh trail. After a brief half-mile jog to the trail -- we have a new gym in the neighborhood and it's a bit closer to the trail head -- a did 2 full 1.5-mile loops of the trail and the half mile back to the gym for 3.5 miles total all around 7:14 per mile pace. And it was an MP (marathon pace) run -- not a tempo -- with HR averaging just about 157, and a fairly easy one at that.

I think that qualifies as progress.

No comments: