Thursday, October 2, 2008

October Starts Well

Started October with a T-pace run on the treadmill at lunch time like this: 15-minute warmup going from 5.5 to 6.5 mph up 0.1 each minute then 5 minutes at 6.5, 20-minute T-pace run at 7.7 mph (7:47 pace), 5-minute cooldown. The warm-up and the first 15 minutes of the Tempo run were at 2% incline. I went down to 1.5% at 15 minutes, 1% at 18 minutes, and 0.5% at 19-minutes. I had planned to do a 10-minute easy run before the 5-minute cooldown but was pretty spent. The good thing was that I got through the whole 20 minutes without anything tightening up. The better thing was that afterwards I recovered very quickly and felt really energized the rest of the day. Probably the first time I've felt energized by a run since I started running regularly again.

No comments: