Thursday, October 2, 2008

September Re-Cap

After that first week I got in an 8-miler the second week -- only the second 8-miler of my life, so I've tied my longest ever run record -- that was liekly a bit much but my easy 5-miler 2 days later was a big improvement from the disaster of the previous week.

My Sunday soccer league picked up again so for a while my basic week will be: soccer on Sunday, 30-minute recovery run Monday, long run Tuesday, gym workout Wednesday, T-pace run Thursday, maybe a gym workout on Friday, Saturday running around with the kids at soccer practices.

The 3rd week, though, we took a vacation and did some biking. I did a 9-mile ride the day before we left and we did a 35-mile ride one day and 38 the next. I did an easy 3.5 mile run the day after that.

The 4th week I followed my proscibed pattern from above except that the Tuesday long run was only 5 miles. For the tempo run on Thursday I only made it through 17 of the 20 minutes as my left quad started to tighten.

This last week I got in a 7.2-mile run on the boardwalk (mostly) in Atlantic City. About 8:20 pace for the first half (30 minutes) and 8:28 for the second (30 minutes, 30 seconds).

No comments: