Monday, January 26, 2009

First 3 Weeks of 10K Plan

The first 2 weeks were pretty solid, including my first interval workout in I don't know how long (10 years, at least). Everything was on the treadmill as it's been like 5 degrees out some days. We were in Florida for a brief vacation so I was able to start week 3 with my first 9-miler (ever!) in a nice 64 degree morning breeze around Boca Raton. The pace was negative the whole way and almost like a progression run ending at around 8:15 or so at the end. Got in an easy 5 the next day and then got sick. I always get sick during or soon after traveling so I'm going with that hypothesis (rather than over-training -- which I don't think was the case). That put me on the shelf for 4 days until a got in an easy 5 on Saturday to end the week at 19 miles. It was supposed to be 24 -- I missed the tempo run on Thursday -- but since this coming week is a down week I'll put the tempo run in this week.

No comments: